SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/08/12 -- All summer long, Square will be the payment processor for artists, farmers, and collectors showcasing and selling their goods at markets and craft fairs across the country. Focused on helping small businesses and individuals create a sustainable business in their local economies, Square provides the easiest way for anyone, anywhere to take and make card payments.
At Etsy New York's Spring Handmade Calvacade last weekend in Brooklyn, over 90% of the vendors used Square. This weekend, vendors at Unique LA, the largest independent fashion market in the country, will use Square to process card payments. Unique LA expects over one and a half million dollars to be spent in its market over the weekend.
"Our vendors have absolutely loved discovering Square's easy-to-use technology. It has helped them all increase their sales," said Sonja Rasula, founder of Unique LA.
Square provides one simple, low, and transparent transaction rate of 2.75% per swipe, with no hidden fees. Square merchants have access to their funds the next business day, eliminating the wait for cash flow. Square's card reader plugs into the headphone jack of an iPhone, iPad, or Android device and allows for safe and secure credit card payments through the downloadable Square Card Reader and Square Register apps.
"Square provides artists and small businesses with technology to increase sales and engage their customers in a seamless way," said Square CEO and co-founder Jack Dorsey. "It's exciting to see Square help communities of forward-looking artists, crafters, and entrepreneurs."
Every weekend Square enables vendors at markets and craft fairs to take more payments:
- Artist & Fleas - Brooklyn, NY, every weekend
- Nashville Farmers Market - Nashville, TN, Daily
- Yamashiro Farmer's Market - Los Angeles, CA, every Thursday
- New Orleans: St. Claude Night Market - New Orleans, LA, every second Saturday
- Unique LA - Los Angeles, CA, May 12-13
- Maker Faire - San Mateo, CA, May 19-20
- Renegade Craft Fair - Austin, TX, May 19-20
- American Craft Retailers Expo - Las Vegas, NV, June 2-4
- Renegade Craft Fair - Brooklyn, NY, June 23-24
- Renegade Craft Fair - San Francisco, CA July 21-22
- Renegade Craft Fair - Los Angeles, CA, July 28-29
- Las Vegas Market - Las Vegas, NV, July 30-August 3
- Indie Craft Parade - Greenville, SC, September 7-9
- Renegade Craft Fair - Chicago, IL, September 8-9
About Square, Inc.
Square is revolutionizing millions of everyday transactions between buyers and sellers with its free card reader for the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, allowing anyone to accept credit and debit cards anywhere, anytime. Square Register serves as a full point of sale system for businesses to accept payments, track inventory, and share menu and location information. Pay with Square is the most seamless way to pay, enabling individuals to pay with their name at their favorite local merchants, discover nearby businesses, explore menu listings, and store receipts. Founded in 2009, and headquartered in San Francisco, Square is currently available in the U.S. More information is available at squareup.com.
(415) 699 3657